Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Back Stateside!!!




Well, due to various reasons (nothing bad!) I've gotten to return to DC early! I'm done working on my project in Kyiv and back to working in DC (similar to what I was doing before). Being in Kyiv was certainly a cool experience, but really I'm glad to be home! Sortof a shame that no one except my bro got to visit me, but I can show you all the pictures! Plus, soon enough (although hopefully not for at least a year) I'll be headed off to some new part of the world!

My dog Belka got to come with me! She did really well on the plane, and liked staying in the hotel. I think mainly because I always took an extra piece of sausage from the breakfast buffet for her! Now we've moved into a temporary apartment for the summer that is really nice and near the Pentagon City Mall. Don't tell the tenants in my house, but I think it's nicer than my apt! Smaller though which would be more of a problem with 2 people and 2 dogs (and a 3rd person on the way!!!)

It's great to see friends and family again, although things have been so hectic I've only gotten to see a few friends. I'll work on it and see everyone soon!!!

For now, check out my new дом... I mean home!
~L

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Really? How awesome! We are going to be traveling through DC in July to a fam reunion in NC. Would love to get to see you and meet Belka.

Tiffy McN said...

Welcome back, Lisa! I'm surprised but hopeful we'll get to see you soon!