Friday, January 2, 2009

2009! My Goal: Make Better Choices

The holidays in Indiana were lovely, and I got to meet my newest niece (technically my cousin once removed for the geneology purists out there).  She and her big sister were too cute!  It was also wonderful to see my grandma, my aunts and uncles, and my cousins - including the ones from Ohio who I haven't seen in a long time!

It also was a neat end of the year because three of my friends had daughters!!!  And another friend got engaged!  So, all in all, I must say that 2008 was a pretty fantastic year!  

On to 2009!!!

Last year I decided that laundry lists of new year's resolutions never really work out, so I went with a general goal.  I think it worked!  Well, a little bit at least.  I don't know that I met the goal, but I had a good year anyway.  You know what they say about new year's resolutions...  So this year my goal:  make better choices!  Pretty simple, but it really is the focus of what I'm trying to do with myself right now!  At the Wendy's drive through?  Get the small!  That's a better choice!  Cleaning up after the buns more often = better choice!  Working out more = better choice!  Then again, sometimes sleeping in because you're really tired = a better choice also.  I like how it's flexible.  Something tells me that moving half way around the world is going to require me to be flexible!  Eating more beets = perhaps a better choice???  Learning Russian = necessary choice.  

Things are slowly falling into place so that I can get my head around the move.  The current mystery:  How to provide documentation of a rabies vaccination for the buns when the vets won't give rabies vaccinations to buns....  Stay tuned for this and more fun mysteries involved in moving to a distant land!
~L

No comments: