Saturday, June 6, 2009

Now, the time for "firsts"!




Hooray!  I managed to get myself internet at home, so now I can post about some of my doings here in Kyiv!  To be fair, it only took 3 days to get internet once I figured out how to do that (it required help!).  So I have a lot of "firsts" to report:  my first Kyiv walkabout, my first trip to the "Spoosk", my first ride on the funicular...  But first, I have one last "last" to write about it.  

I did not know at the time I left, but I think that I have seen my cute little bunnies for the last time.  :(  Due to various complications with international pet export / import rules, the airline computer system didn't understand that rabbits don't need rabies shots.  And sadly although people at work helped me look, I can only find immigration laws for rabbits that do not treat them as pets.  They did confirm that rabies vaccines are not required for rabbits, but I just didn't think I could get the airline to change their mind.  And I don't want them imported under the rules for rabbits for fur!

It took a little while, but the House Rabbit Society was able to find them a fosterer who is able to give poor Kevin his medicines.

So here are a few last picture of my cuties.  Then we can start with new firsts.
Kevin and Mikey's adoption photos

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I'm sad you had to leave the buns. But I'm sure they're in a loving home!