Saturday, April 18, 2009

It's 80 degrees out and I'm cold!


No, not because I have a fever or anything, but I finally have a working air conditioning system!  And it works so well, it can actually make it cold in here!  My dad and I were doing some home improvements so it felt good before, but now we're done and it's downright chilly.  But I'm enjoying the fact that I have working AC so much that I'm going to leave it on and put on a sweatshirt!  Oh wait, in honor of impending Earth Day I'll just go turn up the setting on my cool new digital thermostat.  The coolest part?  It's a smart thermostat so that you can literally set it and forget it!  As in it's smart enough to automatically know whether it should be in heating or cooling mode.  And yes, I'm sure everyone else's AC has had that for years, but my old one didn't!  So it's new to me!  We also got to replace the drop ceiling which worked out mainly OK and in the process I got to replace the ugly ceiling light that was there with a more modern-ish fluorescent light.   It says the bulb can last for 9 years!!  That's good for Earth Day too!The system has the new freon too (puron maybe?), so that's good for Earth Day.   Gooooo green!  And gooooo new AC!
~L


No comments: